Sunday, January 18, 2009

Good news! Great Eastern 100k offers 1/2 price registration= $1.00 a mile!


Montrail teamates Russell Gill and Francesca Conte co direct one of the few 100k trail races in the country. This afternoon I received a press release from Gill-the GEER 100k registration will open Feb 2, 2009 and offer the 1st 100 folks to register online 1/2 price entry of $62.50 will all the swag and amenities of full price...that works out to about $1.00 per mile! See the event website and scroll down to new to find the pdf with complete information. The 2009 race will be 9/26/09. There is also a 50k and 1/2 marathon option.(discount does not apply to these races.)

I have run the GEER 50k in 2004 and 100k in 2005 before the course was changed a couple of years ago...so I can not provide a current description from personal experience. I have also worked at an aid station on this event for 16+ hours in 2006 and will say firsthand that Frannie and Gill will offer a quality and challenging event...AND the mountains and trails of this area are diverse-smooth and rocky and wet and up and down and fabulously fun and challenging and beautiful! Personally I am considering running this year-yet am torn between this and Tussey Mountainback -a 50 miler which I have never done...yet there is time to consider all that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently discussing about how technology has become so integrated in our day to day lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory falls, the possibility of copying our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about every once in a while.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4[/url] DS OperaMod)