Sunday, August 22, 2010

SpringMaid Splash 10k 2010 Adventure!

Running through the 1st of 4 river crossings! (Me, 2nd from left)
This 10k trail adventure is all that it claims to be and is a fabulous adventure for runners and questors willing to indulge in a different sort of 10k experience!

This is a brief post as the event is just about having fun! Come for the day or weekend! I think there were about 600 starters in the combined 5k/10k event. No shortage of muddy trails to spread out on. 

I entered wishing for a sweat-induced effort and a reunion with many of my friends and local non-ultra runners! YES! I had loads of fun in the thick, humid, cloudy day! And even wound up 3rd and won $50! As hard as I pushed the last 1/4 mile....I couldn't catch the 2nd place woman, Golden, wound up  2 seconds behind her! Thank you Golden for making me work so hard!
Maritza Greene and me....

Maritza finished shortly after I did...

Soon on my blog will be an interview with Maritza: athlete, race director, physical therapist, entrepreneur, wife, mom, etc, etc...I have been acquainted with this strong lassie for years and am very curious as to what makes this 49 year old beastie tick!
Go here for full results and more information. Thank you race director, Matt Hollifield (he's also a school counselor in his "other life") and all your volunteers.

2 comments:

Rick Gray said...

Springmaid is always a fun race. From your pictures, it looks like you had a great time and the race continues on with its great tradtion. Congratulations on a great finish and a little money to at least cover what you spent to register and to get there. I bet that was an amazing start with around 600 people making their way through the cow pasture before being quickly squeezed together.

saucony shoes said...

I like this adventure, it's full of action and excitement. I love the pictures too.